XDeep Black BT import

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 03:02:13 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I downloaded my first dives logged with this new BT.
It saves dives as UDDF files on its internal flash memory shared as USB
disk.

Everything goes well except a particular feature of this BT/DC: it has an
amazing digital compass and it logs the compass bearing. By default is one
every 1 second. I can only increase it to 30s but I cannot disable this
info from logging.

The result is a unreadable profile graph filled by thousand of dive flags :(

Attached a dive profile screenshot. Hereafter an UDDF fragment showing how
it stores compass bearings.

<waypoint>
  <depth>0.00</depth>
  <divetime>1.0</divetime>
  <temperature>296.00</temperature>
</waypoint>
<waypoint>
  <depth>3.30</depth>
  <divetime>6.0</divetime>
  <temperature>296.10</temperature>
  <heading>140.0</heading>
</waypoint>
<waypoint>
  <depth>4.70</depth>
  <divetime>11.0</divetime>
  <heading>130.0</heading>
</waypoint>

BTW  without knowing my speed or navigating at perfect constant speed I
found them completely useless. Any idea?

How can we toggle them or even remove from the uddf import?
Am I the only one with this instrument?

PS
I've just upgraded it to the latest firmware which has "Compatibility
adjustments for UDDF files" but nothing changes.
For the time being I will manually remove <heading> tags before import.

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos