Dive Info & Stats tabs

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 09:34:35 PDT 2014

Il 16/set/2014 17:36 "Anton Lundin" <glance at acc.umu.se> ha scritto:

> On 16 September, 2014 - Davide DB wrote:
>
> > Maybe it was already explained.
> >
> > Why SAC should be different between these two tabs if just one dive is
selected?
> > See attachment (its' a PSCR dive).
>
> They are different, because one is per gas and one is for the whole
> dive.

Ok

> > The nice message: "These gases could be mixed..." just refers to the
> > back gas? (I see plural form)
>
> It referees to all the gases listed there.
>
> My Mixer app splits those into:
>
> 18/45 898L => 405L he + 73L O2 + Air
>   50% 276L => 101L O2 + Air
>  100% 109L => 109L O2
>
> Which is equiv to 405L he 283 O2 which is pretty close to the 404.2L he
> and 285.1L O2 which subsurface calculates for you.
>
> > If I use two trimix mixes it gives both calculation?
> >

> I wrote that code because i thought it was a good tool to verify my
> gas-bill after a trimix trip and to "diff" how much expensive gas i
> needed to drain =(

I agree on everything and I followed with great interest your messages on
this topic.
I like to understand how much $$$ I spend for a dive or a set of dives.
But here IMHO the message is misleading because it seems an indication on
how to get the mix done but it isn't. it's the global consumption for each
gas used.
Am I correct?

> > PS
> > At this point would be nice having a proper gas mixing tool >:->
>
> I never have a computer close when I'm mixing. I quite exclusively use
> the mixer tool in MultiDeco[1] on my Android phone when I'm mixing.
>

> If we ever grow a proper Android app with dive planning, gas planning
> and so on it would probably be a feature that makes sense, otherwise I'm
> not that interested that i would write one.

Ok. I use multideco too