Back in

Florian Klink flokli at flokli.de
Tue Sep 16 02:32:22 PDT 2014

Am 15.09.2014 um 18:30 schrieb Dirk Hohndel:
> But while we are on the topic, a quick note to the team in general. I have
> been somewhat absent myself.
>
> Subsurface is run on a server that I own in a colo that I pay for.
> System administration is done by me. While that gives me a lot of control
> (and trust me, I am a control freak), from time to time it is a pain in
> the rear. Now is such a time :-)
> For a number of reasons I decided to get a new server (see the "server
> that I own" comment above) and am in the process of migrating everything
> to that new server. And while doing that I am trying to move from "random
> jumble of thrown together hacks that work most of the time" to a somewhat
> more structured setup. And that's taking a lot more time than I was hoping
> it would.
>
> So bear with me. I'm sure I'll break the infrastructure big time in the
> near future. But hopefully it will be all better afterwards. In the mean
> time, please keep working on Subsurface. I know I'm slow pulling patches
> but hopefully that phase will soon be over.

Just out of curiosity, and absolutely off-topic:
What plans do you have about the new infrastrucure of your server?

How do you want to encapsulate the different services?

I'm asking because I'm also working on such a setup (currently using lxc
containers, but want to migrate to docker).

I'm just struggling with a good orchestration tool, to easily bootstrap
new and manage running containers, will probably look at ansible for that...

Florian