Dive Info & Stats tabs

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Tue Sep 16 11:32:10 PDT 2014

On 16 September, 2014 - Davide DB wrote:

> Il 16/set/2014 17:36 "Anton Lundin" <glance at acc.umu.se> ha scritto:
> >
> > On 16 September, 2014 - Davide DB wrote:
> >
> > > Maybe it was already explained.
> > >
> > > Why SAC should be different between these two tabs if just one dive is
> selected?
> > > See attachment (its' a PSCR dive).
> >
> > They are different, because one is per gas and one is for the whole
> > dive.
>
> Ok
>

> > > The nice message: "These gases could be mixed..." just refers to the
> > > back gas? (I see plural form)
> >
> > It referees to all the gases listed there.
> >
> > My Mixer app splits those into:
> >
> > 18/45 898L => 405L he + 73L O2 + Air
> >   50% 276L => 101L O2 + Air
> >  100% 109L => 109L O2
> >
> > Which is equiv to 405L he 283 O2 which is pretty close to the 404.2L he
> > and 285.1L O2 which subsurface calculates for you.
> >
> > > If I use two trimix mixes it gives both calculation?
> > >

> > I wrote that code because i thought it was a good tool to verify my
> > gas-bill after a trimix trip and to "diff" how much expensive gas i
> > needed to drain =(
>
> I agree on everything and I followed with great interest your messages on
> this topic.
> I like to understand how much $$$ I spend for a dive or a set of dives.
> But here IMHO the message is misleading because it seems an indication on
> how to get the mix done but it isn't. it's the global consumption for each
> gas used.
> Am I correct?

I don't really understand your question, but here is something that
probably answers something at least.

What it prints is the _actual_ gas consumed. If you drain a cylinder
after that to mix new gas in that cylinder, that gas isn't included in
this computation.

Eg. Subsurface might say that i spent 13000L He and 7000L O2 on a trip,
and my gas bill says 15000L he and 9000L O2, and both of them are
accurate.
That means that i ether had tx/nx in my cylinders on my way home, or
that i needed to drain gas during that trip.

The inverse might also be true, and that would say that i had mix in my
bottles when i went on that trip.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604