Tissue graphs a la Petrel

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Wed Sep 17 13:53:29 PDT 2014

On 17 Sep 2014, at 17:37, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> When I first envisioned this I thought it should give the user the data
> for ONE point in time - just like the info overlay. So as you move the
> mouse, the data changes, the bar graph changes. Which makes it more "like
> the Petrel" and maybe makes it easier for the user to absorb the info. And
> as you move the mouse it gives you the "movie" effect if done right.
>
> What do you think, would that improve the usefulness?

You tell me (since you seem to know what you want to see). But what exactly do you expect from such a „one moment in time“ view? Plus it would break with everything else we do: We show everything as a function of time.

But if there is interest, we could have a window/tab that does some sort of movie view: Show depth, tissues, maybe events and pictures, ceilings etc at a specific point in the dive (which could be moved across the profile or advance by itself, possible with a time lapse function. So it would be a bit of dive simulator). What do you think? Maybe we could discuss a bit more about this on IRC?

Best
Robert