almost missed it - statistics update

Salvo Tomaselli tiposchi at tiscali.it
Fri Sep 19 04:04:09 PDT 2014

In data venerdì 19 settembre 2014 10:43:08, Davide DB ha scritto:
> So IMHO a small, simple but important advertizing effort would be
> transforming this mailing list in a forum.
> A free PhpBB would be enough (or a free forum which comes with an
> effective mobile layout).
I tend to disagree.

I get the emails in my inbox, and I can see how many new ones are there and so
on, but I surely would not bother to open the forum every day and see what's
new there. Yes forums can have RSS feeds, but I think those are even more
specialized to use.

Besides, git can post patches to the mailing list but not to a forum.

Anyway, I also see forums as a rare thing these days. I think to get more
kown, some kind of group on facebook could be more effective, since a lot of
people would already have an account that they can use to comment or ask
questions.

For the development I don't think that replacing the mailing list is a good
idea.

--
Salvo Tomaselli

"Io non mi sento obbligato a credere che lo stesso Dio che ci ha dotato di
senso, ragione ed intelletto intendesse che noi ne facessimo a meno."
                -- Galileo Galilei

http://ltworf.github.io/ltworf/