Tag Filtering.

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 06:32:59 PDT 2014

>From where I start? :)

Actually it's not working on my pc, I guess.

- Globe is not there anymore. I tried: View > Show all/ Show Globe.
Now by default the lower window space is fully booked by the divelist
table.

- Log > Filter by tag: globe space seems to be substituted by the
search tag view.
- Tags are all checked by default. Given that I see all my dive listed
I understand that this should be correct: all my dives, all my tags
checked.
- Problem is that I have to uncheck them one by one and it's a very
long operation. No please.
- I see the scrollbar moving when I Check/unchecking tags but I do not
understand which dives are filtered. I tried with tags used in my
logbook as wreck or reef but nothing changes.

Disclaimer: I'm not a developer :)

Despite of this very welcome early alpha funtionality, could we try to
implement a search feature thinking on how it should be when it's
finished? And then starting to implement it piece by piece with a
global design in mind?
I remember that about one month ago I wrote an email with some mockups
and brainstorming about search and tag filtering. It was welcomed and
I thought we could start discussing from there.
Otherwise I think that some changes could force to rewrite it from scratch.
If you like and you think that could be useful I could repost them.
Yesterday I took 5 minutes to show how it's designed the metadata
search on Adobe Lightroom (We can criticize Adobe for many things but
their UI are effective.). My mockups where generated starting from
there. BTW 100% of application have search tool on the top right/left
section because the common F-shaped eye scanning pattern.

Here my screencast (go full screen)

https://www.screenr.com/asnN

PS
I go assembling my rebreather :)