Tag Filtering.

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Fri Sep 19 07:19:50 PDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org>
> wrote:
>
> > It is, maybe it's just collapsed ( there's a 'handler' on the right that
> you
> > can drag and make the globe appear again )
> > ( or dirk didn't put the globe on the new build script and builded with
> > -NO_MARBLE )
>
> You are right.
> Actually on Windows there's no indication of the collapsed panel until
> I go there with my mouse. I see no handle.
> Now I expanded a little bit.
>

> > If no tags were selected, you would see the list empty, what do you
> prefer?
>
> I understand. Maybe we could have a global checkbox or a tree view
> with checks like this:
>
> http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/dynimg/IC725568.png
>
> I guess that the label filtering of Adobe Lightroom works in a different
> way.
> By default you see all your photo.
> When you open the tag search, nothing is selected but all your photos
> are still there.
> Once you click on one of them, filtering become effective.
> Strange but it solves that problem, moreover they have tags hierarchy.
>
> >> - I see the scrollbar moving when I Check/unchecking tags but I do not
> >> understand which dives are filtered. I tried with tags used in my
> >> logbook as wreck or reef but nothing changes.
>

> > it should, unless I did something wrong, but it seems that my tests are
> > correct ( I used dirk's logfile )
>
> Please believe me, I restarted the application to record it and now it
> works :) I feel an idiot when I write this.
>
> I see that you used OR for multi tag selection. I would expect AND
> between them. Really I do not know.
>
> When I select "wreck" AND "photo" what I would expect?
> Only the dives when I was filming a wreck or all the dives on a wreck
> and all the dives I shot photos?
> What do you think?

I used 'AND'
( unless my code is wrong =p )

    QStringList tagList = TagFilterModel::instance()->stringList();
    if (!tagList.isEmpty()) {
        tagList.removeLast(); // remove the "Show Empty Tags";
        while (head) {
            QString tagName(head->tag->name);
            int index = tagList.indexOf(tagName);
            if (TagFilterModel::instance()->checkState[index])
                return true;
            head = head->next;
        }
    }
    return false;

This is the filtering code, it seems an AND to me. :)