Tag Filtering.

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 03:44:09 PDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> I don't have the time for a beautiful mockup...
>
> Imagine having all the tags, alphabetically ordered, each with a gray
> bubble around it. You click on one, the bubble turns blue and that tag
> is selected as filter.
>
> The bubbles look just like the ones we are using for tags and the likes
> on the Notes panel.
>
> Makes sense?

Yes but only if we will have just tag filtering.
I was the first to propose a sort of tag cloud and I fell in love with
it but later I realized that tag filtering is just one of the many
filtering options that we should implement: date, location, equipment,
buddy, etc...
Hence I began to think to a more "holistic" approach in which tag
filtering is one of the several search I need.
>From the UI point of view would be important having the same approach
for the various searches and not having a tag cloud, a text input and
combo boxes for different task/search.
Tomaz told that the search code is pretty much independent from the UI
implementation.

Regarding the OR/AND between tags I agree that could be useful having
both options but I guess we all are accustomed to AND by default. When
we search via google we expect having only results with all input
words/keys (and not like the ancient Altavista model). Same with usual
web tag clouds. So when selecting "drift" and "reef" I would like
seeing only dives with both tags. Otherwise the more tags I select the
more dives I find.

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos