Tag Filtering.

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Mon Sep 22 07:19:40 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just for fun I create a thumbnail dive which mimic a dive computer
> display. I was inspired by Black BT layout. I don't know the Petrel
> logbook layout :) Of course the classic divelist it's still the best
> choice.
>
> Jokes apart, I moved listboxes of my previous mockup to accomodate a
> date range selection widget but...
> What's the best way to easily and rapidily select a date range?
>
> The amazing examples of faceted search below, filter only by year.
> http://moritz.stefaner.eu/projects/elastic-lists/NYT/
> http://well-formed-data.net/experiments/elastic_lists/
>
> The year bar graph below is a good idea for the stats page... Diving
> log has something similar.
>
> http://archive.stefaner.eu/projects/elastic-lists/MACE%20ProjectSearch/index.html
>
> I put a search box in the upper right corner. It should be always
> visible and it could be a main entry point for the search
> functionality without accessing a menu. It could be a free text search
> or bounded to the location that in our specific case it's the only
> free text field.
>
> Bye

I like it,

The only problem is that it doesn't fit on the current subsurface UI.
But for subsurface 5 I think we should hire a UX designer to work with us
to find a killer way to display things.
I can start separating the widgets in a way that's easy to change them
later ( and always, I should start with unittesting. )