What happens without libgit2?

Salvo Tomaselli tiposchi at tiscali.it
Wed Sep 24 03:48:40 PDT 2014

Hello,

Since libgit2 is giving a lot of troubles in Debian, I am asking, what would
happen if I were to remove all the places where it is used?
Which functionality would be lost?

I am talking about the last stable release of subsurface, not the version
being developed.

The problem is that libgit2 won't build on some archs, so as it stands,
subsurface 4.2 won't go into the next stable.

Best

--
Salvo Tomaselli

"Io non mi sento obbligato a credere che lo stesso Dio che ci ha dotato di
senso, ragione ed intelletto intendesse che noi ne facessimo a meno."
                -- Galileo Galilei

http://ltworf.github.io/ltworf/