projects [was: Re: Started doing the Multi - Filter component for dives.]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Sep 25 13:28:36 PDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 10:06:34AM -1000, Gaetan Bisson wrote:
> [2014-09-25 11:56:14 -0700] Dirk Hohndel:
> > What else are people working on? It's been suspiciously quiet here!
>
> Planning rebreather dives with Subsurface would be awesome! I've hacked
> the code in the past to plan for specific dives, but the UI remains to
> be done. I'll get to that some day unless someone beats me to it.

One way to get this process started is if you can articulate WHAT needs to
change in the UI. Even better, like Davide, provide a mockup.

We have a bunch of brilliant developers here. While by default everyone
looks at Tomaz to do UI work, there are actually quite a few people here
who have done smaller (or even bigger) modifications on the UI.

Robert did some really cool work with the tissue loading graph. I
seriously love the way this looks.

> Something as simple as special cylinders with only a setpoint value
> would work - although then we need to compute two decos: one with the
> rebreather, one on the bailouts, so there needs to be some sort of
> switch in the UI for that, or we compute both decos at one.

See - this is not enough for someone to get started. Come up with a clear
vision of how things should work and go from there.