projects [was: Re: Started doing the Multi - Filter component for dives.]

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Thu Sep 25 17:18:43 PDT 2014

[2014-09-25 13:28:36 -0700] Dirk Hohndel:
> See - this is not enough for someone to get started. Come up with a clear
> vision of how things should work and go from there.

Fair enough but I do not have a clear vision of how things should work.
How about the following? It should require minimal changes to the UI and
code while still allowing basic closed circuit dive planning.

Attached are pictures of how this would work from a user perspective,
but let me detail this a little bit here:

We add a cylinder type called "CCR" (closed circuit rebreather) for
which the fields "Size", "Work press", and "He%"are ignored. The field
"Switch at" works as usual and the field "O2%" expects a setpoint, that
is, the constant PPO2 the diver will be exposed to; they are usually
expressed in bars but using 120% to denote 1.2 seems natural.

Just like other cylinders, this special cylinder can be used in dive
planner points. Its label would be "CCR SP=1.2" where "1.2" is the
setpoint.

We add a checkbox in the "Dive notes" frame that reads "Compute deco on
CCR". When it is unchecked, the decompression schedule is computed as
normal, ignoring special CCR cylinders. When it is checked, the last
used CCR of the dive planner points is used for deco.

Would that make sense?

--
Gaetan