Started doing the Multi - Filter component for dives.

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Fri Sep 26 05:38:24 PDT 2014

On 25 September, 2014 - Gaetan Bisson wrote:

> [2014-09-25 11:56:14 -0700] Dirk Hohndel:
> > What else are people working on? It's been suspiciously quiet here!
>
> Planning rebreather dives with Subsurface would be awesome! I've hacked
> the code in the past to plan for specific dives, but the UI remains to
> be done. I'll get to that some day unless someone beats me to it.
>
> Something as simple as special cylinders with only a setpoint value
> would work - although then we need to compute two decos: one with the
> rebreather, one on the bailouts, so there needs to be some sort of
> switch in the UI for that, or we compute both decos at one.
>
> Cheers.

We had all the bits to plan a CCR-dive in Subsurface, but not any nice
ui to do it.

Before dd1dc11cb60ec819d26ae198633546db780dec18 we showed the setpoint
column in the diveplanner, and if you had a setpoint there ment you
where on CCR with that gas as diluent. If the setpoint became zero that
ment bailout to OC.

That ment you needed to plan two different dives, one CCR-all-the-way
and one as your bailout plan.

We would need some nifty way to both do ccr-planning and bailout
planning in the same "plan", and some way of figuring out worst point to
plan bailout from, but the rest of the bits are there, if someone comes up
with a usable UI.

I haven't looked around that hard, but i haven't seen any other planning
software which does a good job of planning bailout of ccr dives. If
anyone knows one we can have a look at please post here.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604