projects

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 06:42:03 PDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:

> I am a bit in a rush, so only briefly:
>
> I discussed this a bit some time ago with John Kendall (one of the GUE
> instructors and SCR divers).
>
> It should be safe to only use the steady state solution of the time
> dependent O2 content (as it is reached very quickly).
>
> I have a piece of paper with some calculations and a boxed equation that
> says
>
> ppO2_ss = ppO2_in - (1 -fO2_in) * O2consumption / (SAC * r)
>
> where O2consumption is what the body metabolizes per minute (in l/min) and
> SAC is the surface air consumption (in l/min) and r is the ration of droped
> gas in the rebreather. Those three parameters should be gotten from the
> preferences/UI somewhere.
>
> Does that help?

Yep. I'm fully GUE certified but.. I got the SCR training on the dark side :)
I'm in a rush too, I remember that the formula I was teached was:

P02real = FO2 (K * RV * ATA +1) - 1 / K * RV

Where:

RV = ratio between inner and outher reb bellows (r in your formula).
K = K factor = SAC / =2 consumption (metabolized) per minute. A
tipycal value would be 20/0,8 = 25

I think it's the same. Now I'm on the phone and it was a task just
writing this :)

Anyway it would be nice having such feature.

Bye