Started doing the Multi - Filter component for dives.

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Fri Sep 26 11:35:26 PDT 2014

[2014-09-26 14:38:24 +0200] Anton Lundin:
> Before dd1dc11cb60ec819d26ae198633546db780dec18 we showed the setpoint
> column in the diveplanner, and if you had a setpoint there ment you
> where on CCR with that gas as diluent. If the setpoint became zero that
> ment bailout to OC.

Do we need to know the diluent type to compute the deco? I'm only
trained for air so I hadn't thought of that...

> That ment you needed to plan two different dives, one CCR-all-the-way
> and one as your bailout plan.
>
> We would need some nifty way to both do ccr-planning and bailout
> planning in the same "plan", and some way of figuring out worst point to
> plan bailout from

A worst point does not necessarily exist: early in the dive,
compartments with short half times will be the bottleneck, so a bailout
plan would give short but deep stops; later in the dive it will be
compartments with longer half times, and you will have longer but
shallower stops. So it seems that computing a deco schedule onto which
the diver can bail out at any point during the dive is not trivial.

Ideally we should give a deco schedule for bailing out at the end of
each planned dive segments. So if you have a multilevel dive with three
segments, you'd have four schedules: the normal one on CCR and three
bailout plans.

I think for the moment it'd be good enough to just have a switchbox that
says "compute deco on CCR" and if unchecked on OC.

> I haven't looked around that hard, but i haven't seen any other planning
> software which does a good job of planning bailout of ccr dives. If
> anyone knows one we can have a look at please post here.

Most people I know use V-Planner.

Cheers.

--
Gaetan