New DAN Europe Portal - Diver Safety Guardian

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:18:49 PDT 2015

Hi Andrea,

overall this sounds good to me. We currently integrate e.g. with
divelogs.de by quite a simple API. Basically we convert our XML to the
one used by divelogs.de and then upload the file through webservices
API. Of course this integration has also download option, which we
might not need with your interface. Anyway, a sensible XML format and
sensible API to upload would be easiest for us. (More comments below.)

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 4:58 PM, Andrea Covelli
<acovelli at dsl.daneurope.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’m Andrea Covelli, the developer of the new DAN Europe website to collect
> diving profiles, Diver Safety Guardian (DSG). The website is accessible on
> https://www.daneuropedsl.org and you will need your DAN ID and MyDan
> password in order to access it.
>
> Considering that it is multi-platform open-source and the wide range of
> compatible diving computer, we already suggest to use Subsurface to download
> and export the profiles in UDDF, in order to upload them on the DSG.

Good to hear :D

> During the last EUDI Show, while I was presenting the web site,  I met
> Filippo and we had the idea to have a better integration between the two
> systems.
>
> I developed an API that allow to upload dive profile directly on the DSG.
>
> I would like to start to implement it, but I would appreciate any comment
> and help in developing this.

We are happy to work on this from our side. We have thought about DAN
integration before but the old format (D7) looked a bit too hard to
implement, so work on that never took off...

> I attach the web service specification.

The specification looks like you are expecting different format from
the API than UDDF? Am I correct with this? For us, it would be easier
if the uploaded information and profile were in XML. The other
communication can be JSON or other sensible WEB stuff. We do currently
support exporting to CSV using XSL transforms, so XML is not that
strict requirement for the output, but preferable nontheless.

> Thank you so much for your interest and help

likewise

miika