cmake and Subsurface builds

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Apr 10 06:24:46 PDT 2015

> On Apr 10, 2015, at 6:03 AM, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>
> I was out of town for quite while and am trying to catch up to build the latest Subsurface git master.
>
> It appears the switch to cmake is more or less accomplished.

We are in the final days, I’d say.

> However, when I use the build.sh script, I get:
> CMake Error: The source directory "/home/willem/subsurface/marble-source/build/src/lib/marble" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.

This looks like make wasn’t called on the right directory.
I’ll look at this this morning. I adjusted the build script yesterday and thought I had it run through a complete clean build successfully, but apparently something is still wrong.

I’m sure we can get this figured out in the next few hours (but I have some real life priorities to deal with, first, this morning)

> If I build using the "traditional" approach, I get libdivecomputer errors reflecting the recent changes to OSTC compatability. But the installation of libdivecomputer following the build.sh script appeared to proceed normally and ended with a successful libdivecomputer build.

Can you check if there are older libdivecomputer headers installed somewhere by any chance?
I’ve had it happen to me that I had an older version of libdivecomputer installed (in /usr/local) and that those headers got used instead of my newer version.
And I think right now you need the Subsurface branch of libdivecomputer for things to install correctly. I believe there’s an #ifdef missing somewhere