cmake and Subsurface builds

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Apr 10 10:03:27 PDT 2015

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 03:03:51PM +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
> I was out of town for quite while and am trying to catch up to build the
> latest Subsurface git master.
>
> It appears the switch to cmake is more or less accomplished. However, when I
> use the build.sh script, I get:
> CMake Error: The source directory
> "/home/willem/subsurface/marble-source/build/src/lib/marble" does not appear
> to contain CMakeLists.txt.

OK, finally had time to sit down and look into this...
I cannot see how the build.sh script would get you that:

It creates $SRC/marble-source/build and calls cmake in that directory and
THEN changes directory to src/lib/marble and calls make in that directory.
At no point should it be looking for a CMakeLists.txt in that folder...

As Tomaz suggested, could you try this from a clean tree? If network
bandwidth is a concern you could move /home/willem/subsurface/marble-source
to a different directory and clone from there (so you don't need to
re-download all of marble)

mkdir -p ~/tmp
mv /home/willem/subsurface/marble-source ~/tmp/
cd /home/willem/subsurface
git clone -b Subsurface-4.4 /home/willem/tmp/marble-source

and then restart the build.sh script and it should run successfully.
If it doesn't please send more details :-)