qmake support is going away

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 08:37:52 PDT 2015

On 16 April 2015 at 17:29, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 01:52:55PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>> On 16 April 2015 at 01:29, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> > Those of you building from source... if you haven't switched to cmake,
>> > yet, now would be a very good time. I'm planning to drop support for qmake
>> > fairly soon, so please give it a try and let me know if there are any
>> > issues.
>> >

>> i was able to again hack my way trough the native win32 build.
>> it's tolerable, but the pkg-config issues have deepened.
>>
>> 1)
>> pkg_config_library(LIBGIT2 libgit2)
>> ^ this seems to require an extra argument for me (e.g. REQUIRED)
>> otherwise it fails.
>
> Oops, missed that one in commit 7596db28b5ad
> Fix pushed.

for some reason i can't get it to enter this branch:
if(NOT ${PREFER_GIT_FROMSOURCE})
->    pkg_config_library(LIBGIT2 libgit2 REQUIRED)

i've tried setting the option to OFF in the .txt file or via the command line.

>> 2)
>> FIND_PACKAGE(Libdivecomputer REQUIRED)
>>
>> ^ i have cloned the subsurface fork of libdc in a folder, but this
>> does not work for me.
>> can we allow optional:
>> pkg_config_library(LIBDIVECOMPUTER libdivecomputer REQUIRED)
>>
>> this means that the original libdc PC file points at the same folder.
>
> We have changed the way it finds things that you build from source.
> There is now an assumption built in that directories for those libraries
> are either parallel to your Subsurface source directory, or that you have
> an install-root directory parallel to the Subsurface source directory that
> you install into - take a look at build.sh

all my libraries and includes are located in a separate location from
where the projects sources that i work on are.

would PREFER_LIBDC_FROMSOURCE be an option?
(ermm...as long is i can get it to work from the command line)

>> 3)
>> i think NO_MARBLE from the command line would be nice?
>> i hardly build subsurface with marble support anymore.
>
> Any reason why you don't build that anymore? It's one of the key
> features... or is it just to painful for native Windows builds?

my PC is not very fast and marble is a massive overhead when debug stepping.
also NO_DOCS would be since. qmake throws a warning but does work,
while here the entire build fails.

lubomir