cmake of Subsurface: link errors

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon Apr 20 00:46:19 PDT 2015

On 19/04/2015 22:08, Robert C. Helling wrote:
> Willem,
>
>> On 19 Apr 2015, at 20:24, Willem Ferguson
>> <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
>> <mailto:willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za>> wrote:
>>
>> Anything I could do now?
>> I know there is currently a lot of activity to get the build to run
>> smoothly.
>
> with git grep I get the impression this is once more a problem with
> the version of libgit2 (has to be quite recent). I would have thought
> the build script does download that but I would investigate the
> version installed on your system.
>
> Best
> Robert

I had libgit2 v0.19 in my system and v0.22 in the src directory. I
removed v0.19 from the system, leaving only the version in the src
directory.

It aborts two steps earlier in the process with a slightly different
error message. Looks like libgit2 is a real obstacle.

[ 23%] Built target subsurface_corelib
make[2]: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgit2.a', needed by `TestGpsCoords'. Stop.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/TestGpsCoords.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
willem at dive:~/src$

I am not clear on what build.sh does with libigit2. I would have
expected that the install instruction (line 55 in build.sh) installs
libgit2 in the appropriate system folder. But a locate command on
libgit2 on my machine now only shows files in the home/src directory,
not in /lib/ or a similar directory. From what I can see from the error
message, the make process aborts while trying to make use of libgit2 to
build Subsurface. This means that a valid object file for libgit2 exists??

Kind regards,
willem