planning for 4.5

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Tue Apr 21 00:21:04 PDT 2015

Hi,

> On 20.04.2015, at 19:23, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> We have a few bug fixes and a few new features here and there but it seems
> that there is a bit more work needed to make this a solid release.

at some point I added the feature that image file names that don’t load are attempted to be interpreted as URLs. But currently there is not UI for this except vi on the .xml file. At the time, I did not implement a dialoge box that asks for an image URL (*) since my plan was to ask for an URL of an html page, then load that and try all the images on that page. But I never got very far with that since it’s probably more complicated than grepping for src arguments of img elements, since almost everything has java script etc to set images right. So, a proper rendering of that html page would be needed before we could access the image URLS, and that is more complicated than I had time for at that point.

Since then a lot of other things distracted me from coding (like GSoC and VPM-B and real work with the semester just restarting). So, to make this at least semi-useful, we might at least go back to (*), but very likely not today, maybe tonight.

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
                      Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
                      http://www.atdotde.de

Enhance your privacy, use cryptography! My PGP keys have fingerprints
A9D1 A01D 13A5 31FA 6515  BB44 0820 367C 36BC 0C1D    and
DCED 37B6 251C 7861 270D  5613 95C7 9D32 9A8D 9B8F