Two Subsurface killer features for tech divers

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 03:20:23 PDT 2015

Usually we plan our dives using the old mnemonic ratio deco adapted to
our needs (PSCR) after verifying everything on a Buhlmann software
with GF 20/85 (once I used GUE decoplanner, now I use Subsurface).
While diving on a reef (multilevel dive), the planning basically
consist only of rock bottom/minimum gas. Deco schedule is decided on
the fly based on average depth when calling the dive.
We have more or less the same approach on wrecks but there you can
plan deco schedule more accurately being a square dive.

The most valuable features on Subsurface (and when I show them to
other tech divers they say ohhhhhh) for the above kind of dives are
the "calculated ceiling" (all tissue) and "mean depth to here" used
together while analyzing the dive.
I can see the mean/average depth on the profile just moving the
pointer where i called the dive hence I can see if my "perceived"
average depth and my deco calculations where correct.
Furthermore I have wonderful visual feedback of my actual deco
schedule against the theoretical one.

What I can ask more? For everything else, there's MasterCard :)

Thank you all

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos