Building Qt [was: planning for 4.5]

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen henrik at synth.no
Tue Apr 21 13:20:43 PDT 2015

On 20 Apr 2015, at 19:23, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Our usual suspects of keeping us honest (I'm looking at you, Henrick,
> Davide, Thomas, etc), can you please look at the current state of things
> and let us know what needs to be fixed before we can cut a release?

I’ve been away from the list (getting my Cave 2 cert, among other things :) :), and right now I am stuck in the new cmake build.  That is, I don’t get that far.  A gazillion hours after starting the Qt build I get:

python /Users/henrik/Applications/Qt/5.4/Src/qtwebkit/Source/WebCore/inspector/CodeGeneratorInspector.py /Users/henrik/Applications/Qt/5.4/Src/qtwebkit/Source/WebCore/inspector/Inspector.json --output_h_dir generated --output_cpp_dir generated
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/henrik/Applications/Qt/5.4/Src/qtwebkit/Source/WebCore/inspector/CodeGeneratorInspector.py", line 39, in <module>
    import simplejson as json
ImportError: No module named simplejson
make[3]: *** [generated/InspectorFrontend.cpp] Error 1
make[2]: *** [sub-DerivedSources-pri-make_first-ordered] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-Source-WebCore-WebCore-pro-make_first-ordered] Error 2
make: *** [module-qtwebkit-make_first] Error 2

I’ve even tried twice.  Same error.  I downloaded 5.4 from the Qt site, as per the INSTALL instructions.  I see that simplejson is in ./qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/simplejson, but I have no idea on how to include it as a modue.

Henrik