Adding remote images

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Apr 24 09:38:29 PDT 2015

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 05:20:18PM +0200, Robert Helling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here are three patches to allow to associate remote images to dives (the first two are cleaning up, the last is the actual network action).

Nice set of patches! Thanks.
I think it would have been even better to separate the first patch into
two: one for the API change, one for the variable renaming, but I took it
as is.

> IMHO this brings the image handling much closer to a possible version
> 4.5. What is still missing is grabbing images from html pages, but
> hopefully, from here this is not very far given what Miika has sent
> earlier today.

Yeah, I'll admit, the ability to point to an online gallery and have it
magically figure out the pictures would be cool. But I wonder how many
/OTHER/ graphical elements it will download and try to match... admittedly
the risk of random eye candy matching dive times is low, but I can already
see the bug reports where people complain that suddenly random graphical
elements show up in the dives :-)