OSTCTools import support

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Sun Apr 26 06:08:35 PDT 2015

On 03 April, 2015 - Anton Lundin wrote:

> On 30 March, 2015 - Anton Lundin wrote:
>
> > On 29 March, 2015 - Salvador Cuñat wrote:
> >
> > </snip>
> >

> > > All OSTCTools  .dive files I could achieve are OSTC-2N/C series. It would
> > > be great to have some testing for logs from OSTC3, FROG or SPORT devices.
> > > Anton, Could you provide some .dive file from your OSTC3?
> > >

> > I've managed to get OSTCProfile.exe running in a wine prefix, and now i
> > just need to find where my divecomputers are after the move, and I'll
> > send some test files your way.
> >

> Nope. One gasswitch event in one of my dives in my OSTC3 is corrupt so
> OSTCProfile.exe crashes on division by zero.
>
> You need to wait a couple of more weeks before I can go and do more
> data-collection with my computers.

Chokay. Now some hacking later, i've read out the broken logbook from my
device, fixed it, and written it back into the device again. I just love
having access to the firmware of the device so you can figure out how to
do things like this.

But, still problems with OSTCProfile.exe. Now it runs, but it doesn't
save any files, or show any profiles. I've tested in wine on my machine,
and on a borrowed windows box. Same problem at both.
(The darn thing doesn't allow we to choose the right com-port even, so i
need to registry-hack the system to set the default port right so it
even can open the device...)

Anyhow. I'm out of ideas on how to produce some data to try to import.
After my experience with OSTCProfile, i don't think any users will have
data they would like to import either.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604