libzip and non-ascii home directories on Windows

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 06:37:08 PDT 2015

On 28 April 2015 at 16:00, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 28.04.2015, at 14:54, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> Path handling
> on Windows makes no sense to me :-(
>

> totally ignorant suggestion (by somebody who has no idea about windows
> paths): Could we use a relative path to avoid the problem (since that we
> might be able to choose with good characters). IIRC Qt can convert absolute
> to relative paths.

the user can still install Subsurface in "C:\Program Files\"
translated to his home language (for some odd setup reason).
the unicode support is kind of mandatory if we want to use the
zip_open() interface and have permissions to write into a location. :(
there is also the alternative to use the new libzip memory / buffer
API, but i don't have the time to investigate into that ATM.

lubomir