Suunto EON sample interval

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Apr 29 21:50:57 PDT 2015

On Apr 29, 2015 20:25, "Miika Turkia" <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking at a log from Suunto EON  Steel and it seems that it
> generally has a 10 second sample interval.

No. The eon steel gives time difference in the samples, and they are not
ten seconds apart, they are given in *milliseconds* and while close to ten
seconds they are not exactly that. I have the logs, but am not in front of
my computer right now.

So not only are things not at an even second to begin with, there are
events that happen outside of the regular samples that may have timestamps
that change things even more.

My eon importer keeps track of the time in milliseconds internally (it
really has to - ask the times are incremental and in that format) but then
exposes them in seconds (because that's the same format, and the
libdivecomputer interface).

So you'll never see the traditional "every x seconds" behavior.

    Linus