Petrel 2 bluetooth link

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:24:31 PDT 2015

Hi there,

Note that the testing version is just that.  It works for me, and your help
> in testing is much appreciated, but there's a reason why it isn't called
> stable.  You might come across bugs.  This development cycle includes more
> new features than normal, including native bluetooth support, and some are
> still work in progress.  I am not sure if native bluetooth support has been
> tested with Bluez 4.

I didn't have the chance to test it with Bluez-4.X but it should work.
It would be a great help for us if you will give me some feedback, Andrej.
If you encounter any problems please let me know. I will try to create the
same environment and help you fix the issues.

> Native Bluetooth support isn't yet in the documentation.  To use it, go to
> download (ctrl-D), check the "Choose Blueooth download mode" box.  Power on
> your bluetooth device if it isn't already, hit scan and select your dive
> computer.  If it doesn't say it's paired, right click to pair it.  Click
> save to close the bluetooth dialog, then select download.

Also you should know that pairing with devices which require a custom
PIN code isn't supported yet. Therefore if the pairing step fails, you
should
try to pair the devices manually (using bluedevil, bluetoothctl or other
tools).

> I'm off for a few days diving, so won't be able to help much, but please
> do report any issues.  Claudiu is the one who has done the great work in
> bringing the native bluetooth support.

Thanks for the kind words and enjoy your diving days! I hope that as soon
as you come back from your trip I will have finished the Windows installer.
Currently I managed to test it on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 and the
download process works fine the first time. When you try to do some
consecutive downloads it fails.

Cheers,
Claudiu