Segfault on Windows daily build

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:35:58 PDT 2015

On 7 August 2015 at 00:40, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had to boot into Windows 8 on my laptop, so thought I might as well try
> the latest Subsurface daily on it (subsurface-4.4.2-1319-g3efafd1fde50).
>
> Upon opening the planner, I got a segfault.  I couldn't see any meaningful
> debug messages, and do not know how to run programs on Windows in debug
> mode.
>
> Sorry (not sorry) I'm about to head off for a few days of collecting dive
> computer data in some amazing limestone sinkholes, so can't help much trying
> to work out the cause of this.

patch attached:
    Planner: use the heap for note buffers

    The default stack size on Windows per thread is 1024kb.
    Using the heap prevents a stack overflow in add_plan_to_notes().

    The alternative is to tell the linker to use N bytes of stack:
    -Wl,--stack,N

the default size on Linux is probably 8172kb.

lubomir