Testing Native Bluetooth support on Windows platforms

Steve stevewilliams at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 11 19:25:31 PDT 2015

Just updated to windows 10 and ran a test.

It does not automatically pick up either the Petrel 2 or the OSTC3+ because it is unable to access the local inbuilt Bluetooth adaptor (see attachment).

I have not tried to manually pair either device as it’s currently in a fresh state to be able to test for you at the moment.

The laptop is a Toshiba Tecra W50, inbuilt Bluetooth is Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 (802.11a/g/n) + Bluetooth 4.0 chip.

I am running the Microsoft Bluetooth stack not the Toshiba stack.

Right clicking subsurface and running as administrator did not make any difference.

Starting from a command prompt did not give any helpful messages either.

Steve