libgit 0.23.0 support

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Aug 12 04:55:59 PDT 2015

I understand your bitterness. We have the choice of offering our users an inferior experience and a different one on each os, or to point people to our binaries where we have control over the versions of libraries that it is built against.

I believe that the design of most Linux distros is fundamentally broken and I prefer to create a better and more consistent experience for our users.

This difference will only increase over time and I am quite certain that my decision is the correct one.

Open source guarantees the ability for you to fork Subsurface and package it the way you think is best for true believers of the Debian ideas. I have no problem if you or others want to do that. I kindly ask that you name it differently (but realistically can't force you to do so).

Again, I'm sorry that you feel bitter about this, but I think we are doing the right thing for our users.

Sent from my phone