Customizable prints progress

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 05:19:50 PDT 2015

On 13 August 2015 at 14:27, Gehad Elrobey <gehadelrobey at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 12 August 2015 at 18:47, Gehad Elrobey <gehadelrobey at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello Lubomir,
>> >
>> > I have resolved most of the issues you have mentioned above, still
>> > working
>> > on enhancing the statistics view, I hope I didn't miss anything so
>> > please
>> > have a look and update me if you have any notes.
>> > All commits are pushed to my branch.
>> >

>> most of the templates look good, but there are still some issues.
>> also, i think we are missing the logic to tell the viewport where a
>> new HTML page starts. would JS be needed for that? let me know if you
>> need ideas about this one [1].
>>

> I was thinking to change the view port size dynamically based on the numbers
> of (table rows/dives) it can hold, but this will break the simplicity of the
> rendering process, and also it will complicate the calculation of the number
> of pages to be printed before the actual rendering, What do you think of
> this?

this will certainly complicate the rendering code and it cannot be
avoided, but we can't have rows being split in the middle on a new
page.
this is the highest priority of the current issues as it almost would
feel like a bug to the end user. :-(

the previous table print code had a solution for that and it worked by
accumulating the row heights and if a new row didn't fit, it added a
new page index at that last row vertical offset. mind that it also
placed a header with the (#, location, etc..) labels on each page,
which was another level of complication...the current implementation
doesn't have a header on each page, but we can leave this one as lower
priority as long as we first fix the part where the rows are being
cut.

lubomir