[PULL REQUEST] VPM-B

Jan Darowski jan.darowski at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 07:32:42 PDT 2015

Hi,

> I've looked at and tested your latest series of VPM-B commits.  From what I
> can see, it looks like it's doing the correct thing, except that
> first_stop_pressure is reset to zero every iteration, so it then gets set
> each stop (rather than just at the first stop) before running the Boyle's
> law compensation.  The upshot is that the Boyle's law compensation isn't
> work as intended and an overly aggressive profile is calculated.
>
> The attached patch brings the line that sets first_stop_pressure to zero
> outside the loop, so it is only run once.  Please have a look at what it
> does.

Have you checked that it improves the deco time?
CVA (the "do" loop) runs several simulations of the deco. For each of
these simulations, first stop can happen to be at the different depth
(to be specific: later iterations have bigger gradients, first stop
can be later in time, on lower level). What you have done here, is
assuming that each simulation has the first stop at the same level as
the first simulation. I will check it but it doesn't sound like a
correct solution for me. The problem is, the algorithm isn't precisely
specified anywhere, so the only criterion of correctness is comparing
against other implementations... And they differ. Yay!

--
Jan Darowski