at some point we need to release Subsurface 4.5

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 06:49:44 PDT 2015

On 17 August 2015 at 16:16, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> I've been saying this for a while now. But I'd like to actually try and
> make this happen sooner rather than later...
>
> So here's what I can remember of the top of my head...
>

> Printing
> ========
>
> Printing seems to be fairly close - there are a few known bugs that Gehad
> is working on but I'm quite happy there. Except that I believe we haven't
> gotten it to work on the Mac, yet, correct?
>
> Gehad / Lubomir, I assume you have a TODO list of what's still missing?
> Tomaz, have you been able to look at the Mac issue?

we are mostly done. Gehad could share his TODO list if he has certain
things in there that i'm not aware of and that need to be attended to.
other than the "statistics print" which is technically outside of the
GSoC scope and the docs - all tasks are complete.

ATM, the plan for the "statistics print" is for it to have a
single-template design (no delete, import/export, only edit) due to
complications that he can explain better than me, but i can see it
being part of Subsurface 4.5.

the OSX issue is concerning and both me and Gehad can't debug it.
Robert reported Qt 5.4 which is a fairly recent version, but perhaps a
newer one should be testest (e.g. Qt 5.5). the Grantlee version is the
same across platforms.

we haven't heard from the Grantlee community or Tomaz in that thread i
posted at kde-pim. in the meantime i have no idea why threads are
problematic when reading a template, *only* on OSX. i can try staring
at the Grantlee source code, but without running it on the problem
platform it might be quite difficult to find the exact cause.

> User manual
>
> That needs massive work for all the amazing features that we have added.
> Willem, will you be able to do that?
> Once we have agreed on a feature set for the Android app, that needs a
> separate user manual as well. Volunteers?

as i understand it, writing the documentation for a GSoC task would
include updating the user manual, so Gehad should write the new
"Printing" section.

lubomir