at some point we need to release Subsurface 4.5

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:45:34 PDT 2015

> Bluetooth support
> =================
>
> BT support is looking fairly good on Linux and making progress on Windows,
> I think, but I'm sure there are tons of small issues lurking here and
> there. Has anyone gotten it to work on Mac, yet?
>
> Claudiu / Thiago - do you have a TODO list?

The patches sent should add support for Windows and fix the issues
reported so far (at least the ones that could be reproduced:) ).
Until now we managed (Rick, Steve and me) to test the implementation
on Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and
Windows 10. There were no issues reported which are related to
the data transfer.

Unfortunately I didn't receive any feedback for MAC platforms and
I don't have any environment in which I could run some tests.
I am really curious how it works.

Regarding the TODO list this is what I have in mind:
- improve the UI for Linux & Mac platforms (remove the context
menu with the pairing functionalities and add a separated button
for that)
- add support for other dive computer families which have
Bluetooth functionality (like Aeris)
- implement a new feature which will add the possibility to
do firmware upgrade directly from Subsurface app

> User manual
>
> That needs massive work for all the amazing features that we have added.
> Willem, will you be able to do that?
> Once we have agreed on a feature set for the Android app, that needs a
> separate user manual as well. Volunteers?

I am planning to update the Bluetooth section with the
usage of our custom Bluetooth implementation and with
some troubleshooting tips.

Cheers,
Claudiu