planner / VPM-B patches

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 22:35:07 PDT 2015

On 18 August 2015 at 15:23, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> I think I have most of this applied and pushed now - but I'm not sure.
> There were some patches from Rick and some other strays here and there
> that I wasn't quite sure what to do with.

Those patches of mine are obsolete and can be left alone.

> Also, there were several
> conflicts when applying Jan's and Robert's patches.
>
> I'd appreciate if Robert / Jan / Rick and anyone else interested in the
> planner and VPM-B implementation could look at the latest master and make
> sure that I have all the relevant patches (and resend the ones that I
> missed).

I believe Jan will be sending a patch to calculate the instantaneous
ceiling, as discussed in the other VPM-B thread.

> Also I'd love to have a few more test cases added to tests/testplan.cpp
> Specifically some VPM-B tests that compare to known-good profiles.

I'm a bit stretched for time at the moment, but I'll try to run off a
series of plans from the VPM-B Fortran program.  There's also a free (as in
beer) Windows implementation called HLPlanner that could be tested against,
and of course there's the commercial V-Planner / Multideco.