planner / VPM-B patches

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Aug 17 22:48:10 PDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 03:35:07PM +1000, Rick Walsh wrote:
> On 18 August 2015 at 15:23, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> > I think I have most of this applied and pushed now - but I'm not sure.
> > There were some patches from Rick and some other strays here and there
> > that I wasn't quite sure what to do with.
>
> Those patches of mine are obsolete and can be left alone.

OK, thanks

> > I'd appreciate if Robert / Jan / Rick and anyone else interested in the
> > planner and VPM-B implementation could look at the latest master and make
> > sure that I have all the relevant patches (and resend the ones that I
> > missed).
>
> I believe Jan will be sending a patch to calculate the instantaneous
> ceiling, as discussed in the other VPM-B thread.

OK

> > Also I'd love to have a few more test cases added to tests/testplan.cpp
> > Specifically some VPM-B tests that compare to known-good profiles.
>
> I'm a bit stretched for time at the moment, but I'll try to run off a
> series of plans from the VPM-B Fortran program.  There's also a free (as in
> beer) Windows implementation called HLPlanner that could be tested against,
> and of course there's the commercial V-Planner / Multideco.

What would be excellent is if we can pick one or two profiles and
a) make sure that we are reasonably close to the existing implementations
and
b) add this to testplan.cpp so we can make sure we don't break this by mistake.

I think testplan.cpp is fairly trivial to extend. The easiest is of course
to use the profile that's already there with setupPlan() - but it might be
good to add a setupPlan2() with a different profile just for a little more
test coverage.

Thanks