Customizable prints progress

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Aug 18 07:00:28 PDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 11:06:59AM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 18 August 2015 at 03:51, Gehad Elrobey <gehadelrobey at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Lubomir,
> >
> > As I am progressing with the documentation, I want to add description for
> > users willing to write their own templates, so I will need to describe many
> > concepts related to our defined css selectors, Grantlee names, etc. do you
> > think it is relevant to add these details in the user manual? or we better
> > separate it in a special page on subsurface website for example?
> >

> hello,
> CCing Dirk, just in case he objects with my proposal.
>
> i'd say, just add this in the main documentation file for now, but
> please try keeping it short - only listing the Grantlee variables and
> having a brief explaination on how a template works, the CSS etc...
>
> i think the manual should be a multi-page HTML at this point instead
> of one file, as it becomes difficult to maintain by multiple users.

That's what we've been trying to do with appenices. This should definitely
be an Appendix. And when I update the online manual maybe I'll turn those
into separate pages (not sure how much pain that will be). For the user
manual in Subsurface I don't know how to do that - something else to look
into, I guess :-)

But yes, please add this as Appendix to the user manual.