at some point we need to release Subsurface 4.5

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 12:38:42 PDT 2015

Good evening

> Android app
> ===========
>
> The Android app is also making great progress - but can be released
> independently of 4.5 (admittedly, I'd love to release them together - but
> it obviously cannot be released until 4.5 is out as it uses cloud storage
> to connect to the dive data of a user).
>
> What's the feature set we'd want for that first release? Do we need
> download on the device? Or is what Grace has right now already reasonaby
> sufficient? It definitely needs lots of testing and tuning of the UI.
>
> Sadly, the app doesn't work for me at all (latest dailies,  first did).  I
only get the blue screen with the "Subsurface mobile" bar and the status
bar with "subsurface mobile startup".  Don't know if it's due to a
communication failure with the git repo (as I experienced the same problem
with cloud storage reported in #905 by David, although solved op PC with a
pull), or if the app simply freezes.  May be the app could store a debug
log somewhere in the device, at least now, for the test builds, so the
reports don't be so silly like this one is.

> User manual
>
> That needs massive work for all the amazing features that we have added.
> Willem, will you be able to do that?
> Once we have agreed on a feature set for the Android app, that needs a
> separate user manual as well. Volunteers?

 I can help in the manual area as much as needed, at least in the parts
where I could play  (e.g. I don't have a bluetooth device, so little work
can do with this).