at some point we need to release Subsurface 4.5

Steve stevewilliams at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 18 17:51:23 PDT 2015

From: subsurface [mailto:subsurface-bounces at subsurface-divelog.org] On Behalf Of Salvador Cuñat
Sent: Wednesday, 19 August 2015 5:09 AM
To: Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org>
Subject: Re: at some point we need to release Subsurface 4.5

Good evening

Android app
===========

The Android app is also making great progress - but can be released
independently of 4.5 (admittedly, I'd love to release them together - but
it obviously cannot be released until 4.5 is out as it uses cloud storage
to connect to the dive data of a user).

What's the feature set we'd want for that first release? Do we need
download on the device? Or is what Grace has right now already reasonaby
sufficient? It definitely needs lots of testing and tuning of the UI.

Sadly, the app doesn't work for me at all (latest dailies,  first did).  I only get the blue screen with the "Subsurface mobile" bar and the status bar with "subsurface mobile startup".  Don't know if it's due to a communication failure with the git repo (as I experienced the same problem with cloud storage reported in #905 by David, although solved op PC with a pull), or if the app simply freezes.  May be the app could store a debug log somewhere in the device, at least now, for the test builds, so the reports don't be so silly like this one is.

That’s also what thought when I tested the first version with the menu.

If you touch the very top right hand side a (hidden for some devices) menu will appear.

There was a thread on the mailing list with pictures where I bought this up and did some testing.

User manual

That needs massive work for all the amazing features that we have added.
Willem, will you be able to do that?
Once we have agreed on a feature set for the Android app, that needs a
separate user manual as well. Volunteers?

 I can help in the manual area as much as needed, at least in the parts where I could play  (e.g. I don't have a bluetooth device, so little work can do with this).

Steve