Location management [was: at some point we need to release Subsurface 4.5]

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Thu Aug 20 16:47:08 PDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 7:10 AM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen <henrik at synth.no>
wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 2:46 AM, Steve <stevewilliams at internode.on.net>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I agree it is not the most intuitive, I suggest it to be on a tab
>> between
>> > notes and equipment (named: sites?) is the most logical place for it to
>> be.
>>

>> Just one thing:
>> all tabs there are ALWAYS related to the current dive and anyway just one
>> dive.
>> Adding a tab which contains a function to edit/manages all sites it's
>> a big UI mistake.
>>

> I don't see that as a problem, and it would make location editing a less
> complicated.   We can already edit multiple dives in that view anyway.

The problem is the other amount of stuff that the dive site edit triggers,
I can't make it show with just a tab change. I know that this will be a bit
impopular but I won't move this to a new tab, it would only complicate
things more in the future ( on the code, not on the ui ). So unfortunately
- I'll keep dive site on the menu for this version, I hope to do a major
overhault of the subsurface UI for 5.0 and this will be much more usable.
think of it as a feature preview that it's usable, but not on the perfect
form.