VPM-B Patches for discussion

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 14:51:01 PDT 2015

Robert,

As briefly discussed and I think agreed on IRC, I think we ought at least
consider dropping a couple of "special" methods we use just for VPM-B.
They were implemented with the objective of simulating what we believe
other software does, but don't appear to serve any good purpose and have a
marginal effect on the calculated plan.

Either or both patch can be applied.

No doubt you could, and probably have in your testing already, make these
changes.  But to be clear, and hopefully to get more testing and comment
from others, I'm sending to the list too.

Jan, do you have thoughts on this?

Dirk, these patches are for discussion, please don't apply them just yet.

Cheers,

Rick