Re. subsurface: FTBFS in experimental

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Wed Aug 26 09:32:39 PDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 09:15:51AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 05:18:16PM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > > Would you help me to get things set up so I can do this? The server all of
> > > my non-Mac builds run on happens to be a Ubuntu system. Is that an issue?
> > > Can I push things into copr from Ubuntu or do I need to be on Fedora?
> > > I can always setup a VM...
> >
> > Copr can be used from any system but you would need a way to generate the srpm
> > so Fedora might be nicer.
>
> I'll set up a VM for that then. I guess this was one of the things I
> really liked about using OBS - I can push the changes from my Ubuntu
> server and OBS then does its thing :-)

Oh, actually, I wonder if with the latest version you can't just upload the
sources in one place and the spec file from a git in another place.
In which case you could do this from ubuntu.

I haven't played with this feature though, so I'll do some testing and report
here.

> > I already have a repo on copr (that I should give more love to), maybe we can
> > start by re-using it. It should also provide a good base to see what needs to be
> > done to get subsurface working on F23.
>
> I'll be happy to use that. I'd love to have the ability to push changes
> into that (at least for daily builds) - this makes my life easier.

We can easily make two projects: daily and stable (maybe use subsurface for
stable and subsurface-daily for... daily :))

> > > Yes that would be important - that's the only way that libgit2 works
> > > behind a reverse-proxy firewall (so the typical corporate environment
> > > where you can't connect to http/https directly but have to go through a
> > > proxy. That's only in 0.23 and only if built against libcurl.
> >
> > http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/libgit2.git/tree/libgit2.spec this is the
> > current specfile.
> > I don't see a reference to libcurl, is it done automatically?
> > If not, do you want to report the issue on bugzilla.redhat.com or shall I?
>
> Hard to tell :-)
> So the cmake file for libgit2 will default to looking for libcurl if it is
> installed. But since it isn't listed as a build requirement I'm not sure
> if it is installed or not - i.e., do any of the other build requirements
> happen to pull in libcurl-devel? I don't know. It might be nice to
> explicitly request it which would ensure that this works.

Looking at the logs of the build:
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/libgit2/0.23.0/1.fc23/data/logs/x86_64/
root.log mentions libcurl but not the -devel
and in build.log there is:
-- checking for module 'libcurl'
--   package 'libcurl' not found

So I guess a bug report is in order :)