Re. subsurface: FTBFS in experimental

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Aug 26 09:38:45 PDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 06:32:39PM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:

> > > Copr can be used from any system but you would need a way to generate the srpm
> > > so Fedora might be nicer.
> >
> > I'll set up a VM for that then. I guess this was one of the things I
> > really liked about using OBS - I can push the changes from my Ubuntu
> > server and OBS then does its thing :-)
>
> Oh, actually, I wonder if with the latest version you can't just upload the
> sources in one place and the spec file from a git in another place.
> In which case you could do this from ubuntu.
>
> I haven't played with this feature though, so I'll do some testing and report
> here.

Excellent. That's how it works with OBS which is very convenient for me.
The source RPMs are built on their servers.

> > > I already have a repo on copr (that I should give more love to), maybe we can
> > > start by re-using it. It should also provide a good base to see what needs to be
> > > done to get subsurface working on F23.
> >
> > I'll be happy to use that. I'd love to have the ability to push changes
> > into that (at least for daily builds) - this makes my life easier.
>
> We can easily make two projects: daily and stable (maybe use subsurface for
> stable and subsurface-daily for... daily :))

That's what we have everywhere. Actually, we also have a subsurface-beta
project in our repos. You'll never guess what that's for :-)

> > > http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/libgit2.git/tree/libgit2.spec this is the
> > > current specfile.
> > > I don't see a reference to libcurl, is it done automatically?
> > > If not, do you want to report the issue on bugzilla.redhat.com or shall I?
> >
> > Hard to tell :-)
> > So the cmake file for libgit2 will default to looking for libcurl if it is
> > installed. But since it isn't listed as a build requirement I'm not sure
> > if it is installed or not - i.e., do any of the other build requirements
> > happen to pull in libcurl-devel? I don't know. It might be nice to
> > explicitly request it which would ensure that this works.
>
> Looking at the logs of the build:
> https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/libgit2/0.23.0/1.fc23/data/logs/x86_64/
> root.log mentions libcurl but not the -devel
> and in build.log there is:
> -- checking for module 'libcurl'
> --   package 'libcurl' not found
>
> So I guess a bug report is in order :)

Are you filing this or should I?
The rationale for building against libcurl is that this is what allows
libgit2 to work through http proxies. They didn't implement their own
proxy code but decided to use libcurl as their transport layer instead.