Re. subsurface: FTBFS in experimental

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Wed Aug 26 14:55:06 PDT 2015

On 08/26/2015 09:56 PM, Anton Lundin wrote:
> There are a bunch of cmake flags to turn some bells off. Most of those
> are to support different builds of subsurface, like the Android app, but
> those can be (ab)used to "reduce" your subsurface building burden.
> FBSUPPORT=OFF -> no more facebook share. Doesn't really add any overhead
> but hey, if you're afraid of facebook, its gonski.
>
> NO_MARBLE=ON -> don't link with marble, and don't display the marble
> widget.

Thanks for hinting to those - will use them next time I need to build
a binary.

> A nother tip is to use Qt binaries from http://www.qt.io/ . Saves you
> the hassle of building Qt.

If those binaries were built requiring e.g. a certain version
of libstdc++ that is unavailable on the system, that would render
them useless to me. Also, if they would need to be installed into a
certain absolute path (possibly colliding with OS supplied files), that
would keep me from using them. I didn't check, but most binary library
distributions have one of these two issues.

> We try to provide a automatic build-script to remove as much hassle as
> possible. scripts/build.sh is your friend.

I used this script as a blueprint for building, but intentionally
deviated from it in some steps.

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg