Location non-edit should not prevent one from selecting another dive

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Wed Aug 26 15:55:42 PDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 7:52 PM, Lutz Vieweg <lvml at 5t9.de> wrote:

> On 08/27/2015 12:44 AM, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
>
>>     There's no reason to force the user to press "accept" or "cancel"
>>     in this situation.
>>
>> Agreed, it's a bug and I'll fix it.
>>

> Great, thank you!
>
>     BTW: Is there a reason why just pressing "Enter" after entering
>>     a Location name is not enough to apply this change? It seems
>>     cumbersome to have to click on a button afterwards.
>>
>> I'm working on that this week so if you have any ideas ( that doesn't
>> involve changing everything ) I'm all ears.
>>

> I don't know enough about the inner mechanics of that GUI to understand
> why this could mean a large-scale change, but isn't binding a press
> of the "Enter" key event in an edit field to the same function as when
> the "Apply Changes" button is pressed a trivial thing?

Not when you are dealing with bulk - changes, for instance:
you may have started editing your dive but then realize that you edited the
wrong dive
hit enter by mistake ( easy to hit ) and you saved your changes
without hitting enter and forcefully moving your mouse to accept / reject
changes add a layer of safety

I'm thinking about making it to automatically accept things for subsurface
5.0, but right now it would involve changing too much stuff on the way that
subsurface expects the whole 'save dive' part to work.