at some point we need to release Subsurface 4.5

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 09:12:12 PDT 2015

> OK, deleting the plist file, shutting the system down and restarting
> worked. BT is alive and well again. Here's what Subsurface reports:
>
> "The local Bluetooth adapter cannot be accessed."
>
> So this indicated that in
> BtDeviceSelectionDialog::updateLocalDeviceInformation()
> localDevice->isValid() returns false...
>
> So QtBT isn't finding any devices. Any suggestions how to debug that?
>
> /D

Unfortunately I don't have any idea how Bluetooth works on OSx.
I encountered the same problem on Linux when the libqt5-qtconnectivity
library
was missing or when the BlueZ driver wasn't installed correctly.
The Qt framework couldn't communicate with the driver via D-Bus and
localDevice->isValid() was always returning FALSE.

Maybe Thiago has any suggestions or we could start talking
with Alex, the maintainer of QtBluetooth module.

Claudiu