Artifacts with VPM-B ceiling on level changes

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Aug 27 20:44:30 PDT 2015

> On Aug 27, 2015, at 8:31 PM, Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
> Dear list,
>
> I've noticed what looks to me like artifacts regarding the ceiling VPM
> calculates for multilevel dives. See the attached screenshot.
>
> Basically, during manually entered ascent segments, the calculated
> ceiling becomes deeper as the diver goes shallower...
>
> It might just be a well-known VPM "feature" but I still thought I would
> ask here if anyone knows what is going on.

Yes, this looks positively silly. I suspect that something odd is happening
with the assumed gradient here? Robert? Jan?

> P.S. I'm running the latest git master (commit 4360cee).

Quick question on the state of the ArchLinux AUR... does printing
and cloud storage work with your AUR? I don't have access to my
ArchLinux system right now so I can't easily test...

Can people please test all the daily builds I just kicked off? I notice that
not a lot of people play with the RPM based daily builds, so openSUSE,
Fedora and friends. The Ubuntu/Debian dailies seem to get slightly more
use.

I tested the Mac one and BT works, cloud storage works, printing shows
the template but no data from our dives (so the well known but not understood
bug with the metatypes).

Have people played a little more with BT and cloud storage and printing
in the latest Windows build? Steve mentioned that line breaks get lost on
Windows. That may be a configuration issues where git tries to be smart
and convert /n/r into /n or something... anything else?

-1519 should be up on all supported platforms including Android

Thanks