Make the VPMB-B planner pass all tests

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Aug 29 16:59:46 PDT 2015

> On Aug 29, 2015, at 4:40 PM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Robert,
>
> In general, this all looks good, except for a number of minor points: When doing such a series of patches (and yes, it is good to split them into small functional units) and you later find you want to correct one of the earlier patches, there is git commit —amend and git rebase -i („Rewriting history“)  where you can hide the fact, that earlier you committed a typo in a comment and did some miscalculation, see for example
>
> https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/rewriting-history/git-rebase-i <https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/rewriting-history/git-rebase-i>
>
> Thanks, I'm aware of and use --amend, but haven't/hadn't worked out how to use git rebase.  Rewriting history sounds useful.

Yes - before sending patch series to me, cleaning them up with git rebase -i is indeed very much appreciated.
The tutorial that Robert mentioned is not bad.
Or read this one http://rypress.com/tutorials/git/rebasing <http://rypress.com/tutorials/git/rebasing>

> I'll send a patch for that.

As a fun little exercise... would you mind redoing the whole series into something beautiful and concise?

You don't have to - but if you want to learn git rebase then I'll be happy to wait.